Thursday, July 4, 2013

Selfish Recovery

It seems like every time I post about Derrick Rose these days, I'm recycling things I've previously said.  Then again, Rose himself has been rather quiet on his progress throughout most of his rehab.  That changed yesterday when Rose revealed in an interview yesterday what we all should have been thinking this entire past season.  He had to be "selfish" while rehabbing his knee, worrying only about his own well-being.  Though unselfish by nature, he had to change some of his character so that he could get back to what made him so special as a basketball player.

Do you really need anymore convincing that Rose was doing the right thing as to taking the entire past year off?  I really don't understand of the persona the people in this social media era have taken on.  Just because you can get instantaneous information these days doesn't mean you're entitled to it.  Even people who are arrested have the right to remain silent, so why couldn't the fans or media extend the same to Rose?  Yes, he probably should have said early on he didn't plan on playing this season, but there's nothing that says he was required to.  Next time you have to handle to a delicate situation, just remember what Rose had to go through.

I'll keep my thoughts at that since I have a party to prepare for.  Happy 4th of July, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment