Thursday, December 1, 2016

I'm Back

So that was a short break, huh? You're probably wondering why I'm back here instead of at Chicago Bulls Confidential. The answer is quite simple.

This week, I started my first full-time job at Shaw Media as a copy editor and page designer. Bulls Confidential is hosted on ChicagoNow, which is owned by tronc. As Shaw and tronc are competitors in the same market, it was no longer possible to write for a blog hosted on a site that happened to be owned by my now former employer. I am still able to blog independently, so I decided to return to where I once wrote.

While I'll miss my colleagues at Bulls Confidential, it also feels liberating in a sense because I get to write for myself once again. And I can do it while following a Bulls team that is much better than it was a year ago. At 10-7, the Bulls are second only to Cleveland in the Central and third in the East. Jimmy Butler and Dwyane Wade have done a fine job getting them to this point.

The Bulls will face Cleveland at home Friday, my first day off since beginning at Shaw, and that's when I intend to continue writing in earnest. I'm happy this small, but devoted readership will be able to read my thoughts on my site once again. And to any Bulls Confidential readers who have followed me here and didn't know me before, welcome. I guarantee you'll find my thoughts about the team as relevant and important as anyone who does this on their own time.

No comments:

Post a Comment