Monday, March 26, 2012

Not-So-Golden Nuggets In Town

For the first time in the history of this blog, I'm making a pregame post. True there are other match-ups that deserve it more, but seeing as I haven't posted in a week, I want to make up for lost time a bit.

Before getting to tonight's game against the Denver Nuggets, let me briefly reflect on what happened Saturday. While my face was glued to a computer screen at my job, I barely missed Luol Deng's buzzer beater against the Raptors, which I only learned about when people who actually saw it reacted. In any case, Luol Deng only continues to add to the best season of his career. I've already posted a lovefest for him, so I won't repeat myself. Instead, I'll just say that on a team that prides itself upon sharing the wealth with each other, especially without Derrick Rose, Deng is the one to bring the most consistent game night in and night out. Sure, he might be overmatched by LeBron when the Bulls play Miami, but he's still a pretty damn good player that we in Chicago are lucky to have.

Now, as for tonight's game against the Denver Nuggets, Rose and Hamilton will be out again. However, considering the opponent, it might not matter (again). The Nuggets have been struggling quite a bit lately and while they're somehow in the playoff race in the West, it's pretty clear that even if they make it, nothing will fall in their favor. They traded some pieces at the deadline that helped make who they were and even before that, they still weren't impressive. Oklahoma City and San Antonio, whichever lucky team draws them if they make it, would be only too pleased. The Thunder are just too strong and the Spurs aren't likely to let another first-round disaster happen.

Yes, I know this post kind took a Nuggets-bashing turn, but I'm just stating facts and the general consensus here. On the other hand, the Bulls barely pulled it out against Toronto the other night, so don't put everything you have on tonight's contest just yet. Instead, just sit back and see if there's another example of how stacked and well-coached the Bulls are.

No comments:

Post a Comment