Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Brian Scalabrine - The Man,The Myth, The Legend?


I was writing a lengthy post on the "legend" of Brian Scalabrine, who just signed a one-year deal to stay with the Bulls, but just as I was getting to the good part, my laptop decided to shut itself off. All of my tabs were saved, but the post was wiped out since I didn't save it. I'm too drained by my previous effort to just write it all again, so I'll keep this short.

Averaging 3.2 points and 2.1 rebounds per game over a decade in the NBA, no way should he still be playing, especially after playing a career-low 18 games last year and having scoring and rebounding averages of 1.1 and 0.4 respectively. He didn't play in the postseason at all. But it's his hard work ethic and standing-out personality that makes him so loved in both Chicago and Boston, his previous stop before suiting up here. He also represents all of us tall white guys who can only dream about playing in one NBA game. He's the one living the dream. All we can do is watch and cheer. Forget about being like Mike. Taking our game and life after Brian is perhaps the closest thing the rest of us can reasonably do. Just throw in the personality and boom, you're Brian. That said, I'm looking forward to seeing him in a Bulls uniform again this season, no matter how little we see of him.

Again, sorry for the short post. I'll be sure to plug in my charger when blogging next time.

1 comment:

  1. I was reading some fans were really pissed off that Scal got resigned. What's the problem? It's not like he's taking up huge amounts of cap space. Plus it's great to have a player-coach like him. Also, Stacey King.

    ReplyDelete