Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Hello, Fellow Bulls Fans


Welcome to the newest blog on your Chicago Bulls. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Geoffrey Clark and I'm a recent graduate of North Central College in Naperville, IL. I currently make my home in Lombard, but that may change in the near future (more on that later). More importantly, I am a huge Bulls fan and have been since I was seven years old, right around the time the Bulls won their fourth championship. Thanks to Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen and Co., my fandom was secured for life. Yes, I even stood by the team in the disastrous years that followed the dynasty, even when many in the city seemed to care less about what was happening (though surprisingly, the United Center was still packed for many games).

I'm not here to reflect on that fandom however. I'm here to bring you my thoughts on the Chicago Bulls as they currently stand. I begin with the following paragraph.

Even if our last (painful) memory of the defending Central Division champions is collapsing against Miami in Game 5 of the most recent Eastern Conference Finals, there's still a lot of upside for the coming shortened season, specifically, the return of defending MVP Derrick Rose, who will be getting a pretty nice pay day once his rookie deal runs out. Though the roster appears to be mostly set, with player movements still to be made, very few others appear to be set in stone aside from perhaps Deng, Watson, Asik and rookie Jimmy Butler. Noah and Boozer have been rumored to be part of a deal to Orlando that would include Dwight Howard. What a sick duo that would be: Rose and Howard? Talk about giving everyone else in the league a run for their money. That's all speculation though. It probably won't happen. But then again, maybe it will.

The main need though is obviously a two-guard. Jamal Crawford and Jason Richardson appear to be the leading candidates to fill the role Keith Bogans was mostly ineffective in last season. I was never really sold on Bogans, so any veteran would be an upgrade. Other names connected with the Bulls are Aaron Afflalo, Vince Carter and Nick Young, but the Crawford rumor has really picked up steam lately. Were the Bulls to land the 31-year-old Crawford, it would create the second scoring option Rose needs in the backcourt if Boozer has another subpar year. As we saw in the playoffs last year, Crawford can show flashes of greatness if he gets in a groove. We also saw Kyle Korver disappear in the same postseason save for some early first-round games against Indiana. The question is whether Crawford can readjust to being a starter after coming off the bench exclusively for Atlanta the last two seasons.

Oh. Before I wrap up my first post, I should probably mention this blog is also an alternative to a dashed dream of being the next MJ. I've never been particularly athletic, but my writing is strong. I'll be posting as often as there's something about the Bulls to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment